Tuesday, October 14, 2008

39 week, 4 day OB appointment...

39 weeks, 4 days today. My blood pressure is great, and I'm not showing any signs of preeclampsia. Evan is measuring on target and his heartrate is great. His head is lower than last week (now a Station 0). My doctor stretched out the cervix/stripped my membranes again today. I'm still 60% effaced, but he said my cervix more soft than last week...and I'm still about 1-2cm dilated. My next appointment is on Monday (if I haven't had Evan yet), and at that appointment they will do a non-stress test to monitor his heart and to make sure the placenta is working appropriately. They will also schedule an induction date for that week since my OB doesn't like to go too far past 41 weeks. As the placenta ages, it hardens and doesn't work efficiently which means he wouldn't be getting the nutrients and oxygen he needs.

I feel so much better knowing there is an end in sight...and Evan will be here in our arms soon!

1 comments:

schlatter0225 said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Evan will be here soon! congrats. anna