Friday, May 29, 2009

Evan's first ear infection :(

Evan was not eating well Monday and Tuesday...refusing his baby food and not finishing his bottles. On Wednesday, he was still not eating great. I had worked Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and Nate told me Evan slept horribly Wednesday night. And yesterday morning while I was sleeping from working the night before, Evan had only taken 6 ounces from 5am to 1pm. I decided it was time to call the doctor...this was more than teething. My intuition was right...Evan had "sinusitis" and a left ear infection. Poor little guy! No wonder why he didn't want to eat and wasn't sleeping well. He's on a 10-day course of antibiotics, and he will have a follow-up appointment in two weeks to make sure the ear infection has cleared.

Update: Evan is feeling much better! He's back to sleeping through (most of) the night, and his appetite is back :)

1 comments:

Nichole said...

they heal so quick! I am glad he is doing better.