Monday, May 11, 2009

Puking episodes :(

Evan had his third incident of puking on Mother's Day. I'm beginning to think this is more than just a stomach bug. It just doesn't seem right to me. This whole thing started about 2 weeks after we introduced formula into his diet as a supplement to nursing. There are 11-12 days in-between each episode, and it starts in the evening around 7-8pm, right before bedtime. He usually has three very large projectile episodes within a 1-2 hour time period. By "very large", I'm talking everything he has eaten from the afternoon through the evening feeding. It's happened when I've nursed him, when Nate's fed him bottles while I'm at work, etc.

Pediatrician appointment: Dr. H wasn't in, but Dr. R saw him today. He, too, was stumped with these episodes. I'm happy he didn't just call it a virus; rather, he suggested we switch to a lactose-free formula. I'm happy things are being ruled out rather than ignored. He mentioned if this happens again, in the same cyclic pattern, we'll be referred to a GI doctor.

Poor little Evan! :(

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you guys figure this out. No fun to have the pukies. Hopefully the change in formula will help. Sending prayers your way to have a settled tummy.