Saturday, November 24, 2012

13 Weeks

How far along: 13 weeks
Maternity clothes: Needing to buy some work clothes as my choices are getting limited, especially with the pants.
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby twice! The first time was at our Maternal Fetal Medicine visit. I had to meet with them for genetic screening, I'll be considered "advanced maternal age" at delivery (only by 2 weeks!), and since we went through infertility treatments (there is a slightly increased risk of heart defects). The second time was at my OB visit the following day. My OB couldn't pick up baby's heartbeat with the doppler, so they did a quick scan. Everything looked good. Baby's heart rate was nice and fast at 160. My B/P was great too, 90/60 (which is my norm).
Food craving/aversions: Salty it is! While I will eat some sweets (especially with all of the birthdays at work lately), they don't taste the same to me. I love spicy foods, but I'm very sensitive to the strength of the hotness...mild seems like medium or even hot to me.
What I am looking forward to: Feeling our baby move/kick. I think I've been feeling some movements although it's been very sporadic.
Symptoms: Just tired. And feeling very itchy. I think the itchiness is related to my stretching skin, hormones, and the dry and cooler air of fall.

0 comments: